Dallas Love Field Ariport
Award Winner – Gold Hammer Award for Outstanding Commercial Project
The Love Field Airport Re-Roof was a challenging project, not only to bid but also to execute. From cramped quarters to debris removal, this project required creative solutions from planning through completion.
A large interest is always shown in a high profile project such as Love Field Airport, as evident by over 30 specialty contractors in attendance at the pre bid meeting. As the bid date approached we analyzed the various phases and the requirements set forth in the Bid Documents to properly clarify details in the scope of work to our production team and to our various subcontractors to insure proper quotes. We reviewed the scope of work and with multiple job site visits were able to analyze all the client’s special requirements such as atypical insurance requirements, site restrictions, work hour restrictions, construction safety issues, environmental concerns and public safety interest. Several bids were submitted to the City of Dallas but only three bids were considered responsive and Castro Roofing of Texas was the successful bidder and was awarded the project.
We knew from the beginning this project would be one of the most challenging to date. For several years Castro Roofing has worked on various projects for the City of Dallas. Due to the high profile of this project the City utilized several entities, including internal and external consultants to co-manage the construction.
City of Dallas
What we did
- ???? 4-Ply TC Coal Tar Pitch BUR with gravel surface
- ???? Full 1/8” per foot tapered System
- ???? Polyisocyanurate and Perlite board insulation
- Stainless steel sheet metal trim
- ???? New roof drain and drain line system
- Asbestos Abatement on entire roof system
- ???? Window Restoration
- ???? Fall protection for Skylight System
- Plaza Deck (Red Deck) restoration
- ???? Thermoplastic Membrane Waterproofing and Pavers
- ???? Pipe hangers and supports
- ???? Wood blocking