Vice President of Construction
Are you looking to make a gigantic impact in the construction industry and a company you can really believe in?
Do you have experience leading and managing complex commercial roofing projects and working with demanding clients? Are you a “Get It Done” high performer?
If so, read on…
Here’s the deal, we’re growing our commercial re-roofing and service department teams and we’re looking for the Vice President of Construction to build and lead the team. We’re going to skip all the clichés about this “exciting, and challenging, and fulfilling opportunity.”
Instead, here’s a list of some words that will describe the person we’re looking for (quick note: It would be a good idea for you to take an honest assessment of whether they describe you before applying).
The Words: passionate about client’s success; life above profits, practice open, real and honest communication; do what you say; learn and improve; check ego, superior craftsmanship; accept challenges; believe in people.
If that’s you, it’s pretty simple from here:
DETAILS OF THE ROLE
Organize Department and Build Team
We want someone who makes things happen on a daily basis and in this position that means organizing and building a world-class commercial roofing construction department. This includes the following Daily Deeds:
- Manages all phases of the projects (roofing, sheet metal, service department. etc.)
- Studies project specifications and blueprints to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times, staffing requirements, and materials for each phase of construction.
- Confers with and directs project managers, superintendents, safety manager, workers and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedule.
The Work (The BIG 3)
- Deliver the WOW experience to all our clients. Target of 60 Net Promoter Score (NPS).
- Focus on strategic planning, team building and execution of plans.
- Meet gross profit margins assigned to each market.
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Science and Management or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- 10 years in commercial roofing.
- Proven track record of building high performance teams.
- Technical training and team development programs that are effective.
- Advance user of technologies for project management, job cost and scheduling.
- Education and experience in finance and real estate.
- Servant leader and loves building people and things.
- Ability to negotiate without being adversarial
- Strong proactive communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively are critical
What You Will Own
As our vice president (VP) of construction management operations, you will be driving strategy through Culture and employee loyalty. You’ll get to co-create, design, develop, implement and assess project management procedures, quality control and safety methods to support Castro Roofing’s Strategic Business Plan. One of your main focus will be to hire, lead and fire to Castro’s Vision.
You will schedule all production projects, the success of all the crews and the “wow”experience of our clients. You will be in charge of not only day-to-day operations, but also the financial well-being of the all roofing and service department projects.
The VP is in charge of hiring project managers, writing and reviewing contracts, and helping design construction plans. This is a hands-on role in nearly every aspect of construction management; not only are you responsible for hiring and supervising the project management team, but you are also in charge of creating and managing budgets.
Track The Client Experience And Follow Up
You need to be organized and serious about taking notes and following up. You’re the type of person who does what you say you’ll do and never makes hollow promises. A huge part of that is remembering the promises you make and why you made them. You have superpowers when it comes to scheduling projects and people to maximize time and money. You execute the work with excellence and a high sense of urgency. You don’t understand procrastinators because you are not one.
You’ll Really Knock Our Socks Off If You….
- You know what “fast-paced” really means and you embrace it.
- You strike the perfect balance between strategy, creation, and precise execution with room for iteration.
- You have a Jedi-like talent for identifying, hiring, and motivating talented people.
- You never say “That’s not my job” or “I didn’t sign up for that”.
- You are a problem-solvers and have a natural talent for keeping our clients inform at all times.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT CASTRO ROOFING
So you can decide if we’re the kind of people that you want to go to work with everyday
Culture is our Strategy
At Castro Roofing, we deliver peace of mind.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Castro Roofing is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 10 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the World-Class leader in the roofing industry with exceptional service and unmatch talent.
At Castro Roofing, culture is our strategy. We commit to provide you opportunities for growth, empowerment to help deliver peace of mind, and ownership to help us create a better world.
Together…we will deliver the wow-experience to all we touch. We will elevate trust and confidence to the world. We will inspire people to reach their dreams.
We earn everything we have by achieving. We believe in hard work, passion and our daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly goals. If we fall short, we own our failure, learn from it and try again.
People are our greatest resources but even they can only achieve truly great results through working as a team in a company that priorities merit, competency and professional growth.
Who we serve
We empower commercial building owners and managers to make smart roofing decisions so they and their teams can be more powerful influences in the world and enjoy life as they see fit. Our love for the success of our clients is at the core of our culture. In the future we see our business expanding and helping other owners in all aspects of building management.
However, right now we’re focused on helping commercial building owner with multiple buildings better manage their roofing assets and deliver the WOW experiences by stopping their nightmare roof leaks, extending the life of their existing roof, helping them maximize their insurance claim and empowering them to make smart roofing decisions.
Who we are
We LOVE our clients! We know truly delightful service involves providing high level of craftsmanship, safety, precise and efficient solutions through warm and personalized conversations with each of our clients.
Although finding our clients the right roofing solution and delivering highest level of craftsmanship is always our goal, we don’t just fix things…
We are insanely passionate about our client success and delivering each of them peace of mind. We work in a team-based environment and we are constantly reinventing ways to delight our clients. Everything we do to help our client is done with the intent to delight their socks off.
A word of warning: Castro Roofing isn’t for everyone. We hold ourselves to a higher standard than most. You will be expected to push yourself, to make your mark and to strengthen the values, behaviors and culture that are core to Castro Roofing’s success. We love a good challenge, so if this type of stuff doesn’t light your fire, this might not be the right path for you. Before you apply, be sure Castro Roofing is right for you by clicking here.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- Our focus is on our employees’ success and helping them reach their dreams.
- High growth opportunity and you get to co-create and build something to be proud of
- We’ve won every Award available to commercial roofers that matters including the Greater Dallas Business Ethics Award.
- Client-Centric – We don’t want satisfy clients, we want loyal clients and we do it by delivering the WOW experience.
If you are up for the massive challenge, send your resume to Resumes@CastroRoofing.com, cover letter explaining why you’re a “FIT” for the position, include your salary requirements and availability.
We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package. Click here to learn more.